Tuesday, August 9, 2016

107: The Red Barn

We enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing day with Linda and Peter at the red barn. I walked over with Linda to one of the homes that she had designed, right in the neighborhood - a marvelous multi-level, modular home.  She designed it for a local organization where young people with developmental disabilities live in community with a family.  I wish I could have been there when the pieces were being put together.

On the way, we passed a box of discards out on the road. This is a common way that folks up here pass their stuff on to the next potential owner. We found a couple of old pie tins, carried them home and scrubbed them up and then I found them on ebay selling for $10 to $15!  One man's trash is another man's treasure, even in the country.

Peter's sister Sue and her husband Dennis joined us for dinner.  Tacos and margaritas - oh, my! Plus more garden goodies. Life is good.
Zucchini and tomatoes with red pepper sauce

Blueberry bumble for dessert, on Sue and Dennis's wedding platter

Here are a few more pictures of the barn.  When my daughter arrived, she took some and posted them on Facebook. I think you can link to see them here:  The Red Barn

The red barn

Cow TV!
Window to the silo in Linda's office

Interior of the silo

Serena and Phebee in the studio

Violette on the rope swing

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure there were Red Barns down the rabbit hole, but then again, it is your rabbit hole, so enjoy the Red Barn. Safe Travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure there were Red Barns down the rabbit hole, but then again, it is your rabbit hole, so enjoy the Red Barn. Safe Travels

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, but want to know who you are. If you are not registered to comment, please include your email in your comment so I can respond directly to you.